Okay, sorry it's been so long since I posted. I'm in the midst of finals, and though they're nowhere near as daunting as Oberlin finals, there is still a bunch of work to do this week so this won't be a long post. I just wanted to give you a quick update, and I'll just let the pictures I have be my explanation of what I've been doing the past 2 weeks.
1. My friends and I went to Hortus Botanicus, the botanical garden a few blocks away from my dorm. They had a butterfly room.
2. We had a party for Sinterklaas on December 5th. Our program directors Hannah and Rudy dressed up as Zwarte Peit. I didn't realize who they actually were until they spoke to me. It was disturbing.
3. Oh yeah, and Hannah's husband dressed up as Sinterklaas.
4. My dad visited for a long weekend (he left this morning). We went to Delft and to the church where Johannes Vermeer is said to be buried.
5. Delft was really pretty, and it DOES have canals (Rachel...).
6. We also stopped in the Hague for an hour... It was not as cool or as pretty as Delft. But there was this cool clock outside central station.
7. Yesterday we went on a canal cruise. It was fun to see the city from the water.
Okay, that's all for the pictures. This morning I took my final exam for my Russia and Europe class, I think it went well... Friday I have a 4,000-5,000 page paper due, and then I'll be basically done with school work. Then my mom gets here on Sunday... I may or may not update again before leaving the city.